It is the final day of 2016 and I think it’s time for a countdown of the best moments of the year. Before proceeding, however, I must say that this has, without a doubt, been the best year of my life so far. Looking back, every day was amazing, even if I didn’t think so at the time. However, I am now going to try and countdown my top moments of the year. Apologies in advance for the bad quality of some of these photos but they’re memories, therefore, irreplaceable. Here we go!
- Falling in love with London on my birthday, wishing that some day I will live there. Seeing it all from above on the London’s Eye!
- Trecking to our hotel in Palma de Mallorca with one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen in my life.
- The night of our one year wedding anniversary in Cala d’or, walking around, experiencing the amazing culture and hospitality of the people and just having a great time.
- Drinking a hot chocolate and warming up off it in the beautiful Christmas market by the Koln Dom with Christmas music playing, smells wafting through the air and crowds smiling and laughing all around – one of the most festive moments of this year’s Christmas.
- Our little picnic and hike in Howth mountains for Paul’s (my husband’s) birthday. It was one of the loveliest, relaxing days.
- Sitting in Cafe Nero with my dearest girl friends enjoying a hot drink and their company, sharing stories and hopes for the future.
- Dinner with my dearest best friend after months of being apart, followed by going to see Pentatonix and a sleepover. What a nostalgic yet most brilliant night!
- Going crazy in Riga old town with the big bunch of friends, my only time travelling with a group of people and I must say I enjoyed it!
- Whenever this day happened.
- The week of our annual Summer Camp following a month of working in the Delivery Suite. I am cheating now by putting 2 memories into one but it’s my blog, who will tell me not to.
- Cutting my hair short. One of the best and most terrifying decisions ever and I do not regret it. In fact, I am converted.
- Starting this blog! It isn’t this low on the list due to its order of importance but more so because of when it happened in the year. I remember getting the idea so randomly and suddenly and the fact that I actually acted on it still surprises me. I have high hopes for this blog, both in terms of content and growth, and really hope I will continue to make this readable and, hopefully, enjoyable.
Overall, its has been an amazing year and this is just an overview of the best and most memorable moments, if I were to count them all we would be here for a week. I can certainly say 2016 has been a year of change. I feel that both I and my dreams and visions for the future have changed drastically during this year and that is extremely thrilling and exhilarating.
I now have high hopes and dreams for 2017, some exciting and others scary as well as that. But here’s to a good year ahead!
I hope you all had an amazing 2016 and will have an even better 2017!